Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I think I have a problem with my microcontroller! please help! — Parallax Forums

I think I have a problem with my microcontroller! please help!

dnmills944dnmills944 Posts: 1
edited 2013-02-20 19:20 in BASIC Stamp
Okay, so this is my problem:

Whenever I try to run a program on my boe bot that involves the use of the continuous rotation servos, one servo runs forward and the other servo runs in reverse. Could this be my microcontroller?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-02-20 17:53
    First of all, whenever you have a question, you need to provide a copy of your program so we know what you're talking about. If it's a hardware question, you need to provide a schematic - hand drawn and scanned in if necessary.

What you're describing sounds like normal behavior. Remember that the servo motors are mounted on opposite sides of the BoeBot. If they both rotate in the same direction, one will cause forward motion and the other will cause reverse motion. To get forward motion of the BoeBot, one servo has to move "clockwise" and the other "counter-clockwise" as viewed from the wheel / shaft side of the motor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=78421&d=1297987572
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-02-20 19:20
    Mike is spot on. Are you working through the BoeBot book? It's all in there, and it's a free download:

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/books/edu/Roboticsv3_0.pdf