Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using Photoresistors for navigation. I need code help. — Parallax Forums

Using Photoresistors for navigation. I need code help.

xvigexxvigex Posts: 1
edited 2013-02-20 13:35 in Accessories
I recently have purchased a sumo-bot and instead of using the qti sensors that come with it I wanted to usePhotoresistor - VT935G-B.
I am a beginner at using Basic stamp programming and I do not know how to write the correct code for it to determine the dark surface vs the out of bounds line. I would like to place one at each corner of the bot so that would be 4 photoresistors in total. I am in a basic stamp micro controller class now and understand a lot of the programming language I just need help getting started on the code and how to write it and then place it into the basic competition program.

Thanks you.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-02-20 13:35
    Download and look through "Robotics with the BoeBot" and the "Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual". There's a section that describes how the BoeBot can use IR detectors for distance sensing and roaming through a space. This is a different problem than what you mention. In your case, you're using a SumoBot and you're using a photoresistor. The SumoBot is similar enough to the BoeBot that you can use BoeBot examples for models for the SumoBot and the chapter on the RCTIME statement in the Reference Manual shows how to work with photoresistors.