Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Unfamiliar with Ping behavior — Parallax Forums

Unfamiliar with Ping behavior

lardomlardom Posts: 1,659
edited 2013-02-01 08:40 in Accessories
I have to reset my Ping when my robot stops moving. I used 'case' to control "BackUp", "RotateLeft" and "Forward" which speeds up the further away the surface is. If I press the reset button the robot will again move forward. It will make maybe a couple of turns it will stop moving forward but I'll still be able to put my hand in front of it and make it back up or turn.
If my code is buggy I'll find the cause. I want to know if changes in the sensitivity of the Ping is normal. BTW, I power my Prop with 6V using AA's.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-02-01 08:30
    Either your code is buggy or the batteries are marginal and drop enough in voltage over time that the PING stops working. Emitting the ultrasonic pulse takes a bit of energy, but way less than running the servos. If the supply voltage is low, the pulse may be too weak to be detected over a significant distance, but the Stamp is likely to reset before that happens. Changes in sensitivity of the PING are not likely to happen without a significant drop in supply voltage. Hook up a voltmeter to the battery leads and see what the supply voltage is when this problem occurs.
  • lardomlardom Posts: 1,659
    edited 2013-02-01 08:40
    That's a relief. Bugs or power supply can be fixed. Thanks.