Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bluetooth Transceiver Module — Parallax Forums

Bluetooth Transceiver Module

ShukerullahShukerullah Posts: 7
edited 2013-02-12 18:18 in BASIC Stamp
can i use Bluetooth Transceiver Module RS232
images.jpg
in boe-bot instead of Bluetooth module (boebot - parallex)?

plzz reply urgent.
225 x 225 - 8K

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-02-01 08:10
    It is impossible to tell for sure without more information. A datasheet would help. What supply voltage does the module require? What are the signal levels of the module's I/O pins? Are they 3.3V logic, 5V logic, RS232 (+/- 3-12V)? I'm sure it's possible to use this module with a BoeBot for data transfers (not program downloading), but I doubt you could just substitute it for Parallax's module. It's possible that this module could damage the Stamp or vice-versa if the signal voltages don't match.
  • ShukerullahShukerullah Posts: 7
    edited 2013-02-02 14:56
    can i download code in basicstamp2 via bluetooth?
    edited 2013-02-02 15:33
    No. The timing of the download protocol is too time dependent to work over a packetized Bluetooth link. There have been several devices that allow for program downloading via Bluetooth or WiFi and these work by downloading the entire program via the wireless link to a separate memory in the wireless device, then downloading the program from the local memory to the Stamp. See this for a system for wireless downloading via xBee.
    edited 2013-02-06 03:33
    edited 2013-02-06 06:21
    "suitable for BOE?"
    It's impossible to tell whether the USB-to-Serial Adapter will work for programming the BOE from the information you've provided. The crucial thing is that the Adapter and its driver properly implements DTR and that there are not long delays from PC to BOE. Adapters that use a USB-to-Serial chip from FTDI are known to work. Some other adapters are known to work and some are known not to work.

"follow me ... provide some source?"
    No. You'd have to adopt similar programs to do what you want. First of all, you have to figure out how the BoeBot is supposed to know where you are.
    You can have the BoeBot follow a light source that you're holding in a relatively dark room. There are examples of line following where the BoeBot follows a line on the floor. The code is similar to what you want.
    You can use something like the PING))) and its servo bracket to indicate where an object may be and then follow that object as it moves. For that, your BoeBot has to somehow be able to tell the difference between the object to be followed and other objects in the space (like walls and furniture).
    In both of these cases, there's sample code on the Parallax webstore page for the product. There are also examples of a BoeBot wandering around a space using the IR sensors for collision avoidance in "Robotics with the BoeBot" which you can download for free.
    You can use something like a CMUcam and wear distinctively colored clothing. The CMUcam software can produce tracking information for a "blob" and the BoeBot can use this to turn and move to follow the blob. There are some examples of this sort of tracking in the CMUcam documentation. SparkFun sells a newer version of the CMUcam that uses a Propeller as its controller. It's designed to be used as an Arduino shield, may not work well with a Stamp (like on the BOE) because of speed and memory constraints, but would work well with a Propeller board like the Propeller BOE which can be substituted for the BOE on the BoeBot. Earlier versions of the CMUcam are better suited for Stamp use. Parallax used to sell a CMUcam with a mounting bracket for the BoeBot and had some sample code for its use. Do a web search for "cmucam basic stamp".
    edited 2013-02-06 07:42
    Thanks a lot :)
    edited 2013-02-11 05:37
    Baud CON 84 what does it mean??
    edited 2013-02-11 06:58
    There's a table in the "Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual" and other places that gives these constants. See pages 418-419. This value specifies 9600 Baud, 8 bit, true, no-parity.
    edited 2013-02-12 08:46
    if pin3 is high then do this,,, how this is possible??? :\
    edited 2013-02-12 09:07
    The best reference for this sort of thing is "What's a Microcontroller?" which shows how to use the Stamp with pushbuttons, LEDs, and other hardware. To do what you asked, try

IF IN3 = 1 THEN
    ' stuff to do if pin 3 is high
    ENDIF
    edited 2013-02-12 10:43
    Thanks a lot :)
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-02-12 15:06
    Mike, Not for sure here but it seems to me like someone might be toying with you.
    edited 2013-02-12 18:18
    @NWCCTV, This is a not-uncommon exchange for students new to the Stamp or the Propeller, often with English as a 2nd language. They may not understand that the answers to many of their questions are given in a very few references (What's a Microcontroller? and the Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual) that have translations to quite a few languages and are downloadable for free here from the Parallax Downloads webpage.