Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Humble Newbie Seeks Help on Centering Servos with BASIC Stamp 2 — Parallax Forums

Humble Newbie Seeks Help on Centering Servos with BASIC Stamp 2

pmccombspmccombs Posts: 2
edited 2013-01-31 09:38 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I've had a Boe Bot kit sitting unopened on my shelf for several years. I finally decided to get it down and work on it with my 12 yo boy who is interested in this kind of technical stuff. :nerd: We have arrived at the exercise where we have to attach the servos and get them "centered."

We've run into a strange behavior. When we run the program on pin 12, we can center the servo on that pin just fine. Everything goes just as described in the manual. If we modify the program and run it on pin 13, however, the servo on that pin runs but will not center; we can get it to slow down a bit, but it will never center (it never reverses direction, so there is no chance on getting it to center).

If we take the servo off of pin 13 and put it on pin 12, we can run the pin 12 program and get it to center just fine. So, it does not appear to be a problem with the servo. Neither servo will center on pin 13, though.

What could be the problem?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-01-31 09:14
    There could be a problem with I/O pin 13 or the wiring between the Stamp module and the servo connector. I suggest you call Parallax Tech Support. You've already done a great job in troubleshooting and they will probably offer to replace the Board of Education in your BoeBot if they can't help you over the phone.
  • pmccombspmccombs Posts: 2
    edited 2013-01-31 09:38
    Will do. Thanks for the advice!