Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with replacement STAMP 2 Board for Boe — Parallax Forums

Help with replacement STAMP 2 Board for Boe

wes3066wes3066 Posts: 6
edited 2013-01-23 08:34 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to free up my BOE Stamp 2 board that came with the Boe Bot kit and use it on other experiments. How could I use the BASIC Stamp 2 Carrier Board on the Boe Bot? Is it a direct replacement given I use the same Stamp 2 module as on the BOE board, or will I need to add some additonal hardware to the carrier board to have it work correctly? Thanks in advance for everyone's help and advice here!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-01-20 18:52
    If you're talking about the Super Carrier Board, it's very similar to the BOE and physically is the same size with the same mounting holes. It comes in only a serial version which, if you have a working USB to serial adapter or serial port, should work fine. It doesn't have the sockets wired for servos, although that's very easy to add with a little soldering. The same Stamp 2 modules work.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-01-23 08:34
    The only other functional difference between the Super Carrier Board and a BoE is that the BASIC Stamp Module gets Vin from the BoE, while on the Super Carrier Board it gets Vdd from the 5V regulator on the SCB. Because of this you can have a slightly higher input voltage when using the SCB which helps when doing things like Automotive-based projects.