Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tracked Robot Parts Project Ideas — Parallax Forums

Tracked Robot Parts Project Ideas

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2013-01-19 15:31 in Robotics
OK, I got all the parts in the below pictures from Ken with the uderstanding that whatever project I choose to do I post it on the forum. My original idea was to build a remote controlled camera mount with an arm that would move my 50MM Zoom CCTV camera back and forth above my work bench, I had planned on setting a monitor on my wall and could use the camera when soldering SMD components. However, I did not realize how big the sprockets and chain are until I received them yesterday. I have a couple other project ideas but I would like to also get some input from other forum users as to ideas as to what to build. I currently have a robot build in progress and may use for the drive train but I am a bit skeptical of this due to the weight of the chain. So, shoot me your ideas or thoughts to help me decide.

IMG_9517.jpgIMG_9516.jpgIMG_9515.jpg

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-01-19 15:29
    Reserved For Project Concept:

Concept 1:
    So, One idea I have stems from my dog just breaking his Femur and having major surgery. These items would be great for building a Doggie Tread Mill. I am sure I could get pretty fancy with the design and include either a Prop or Basic Stamp for full control, motion sensing and knowing when to start and stop. Anyone else think this is a good idea or no?
    edited 2013-01-19 15:30
    Reserved For Project Pictures:
    edited 2013-01-19 15:30
    Reserved For Project Code:
    edited 2013-01-19 15:31
    Reserved For Project Schematics: