Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Transmitting if then data over 433MHz tranceiver — Parallax Forums

Transmitting if then data over 433MHz tranceiver

edited 2013-01-23 08:52 in BASIC Stamp
We've ran into another issue with our project. We are trying to transmit the information from the CO sensor, mentioned in an earlier thread, to a receiver. We have the Purging and sensing count downs transmitting properly but when the alarm is tripped the we get no "alarm" on the receiving debug screen. I think this must be because it will not transmit the If Then switching. Any insight is appreciated our project is due in a week and are stumped. <br><br>reciever circuit MASTER COPY CO sensor interface.bs2

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-01-17 08:16
    You need to describe here how you have the CO sensor and the transceivers connected to their respective Stamps and you need to post your actual code for both the receive and the transmit end. What you've posted doesn't make sense with I/O pins 0 and 1 seemingly used for both a transceiver and the CO sensor.
  • edited 2013-01-18 07:28
    hey sorry about that, the CO sensor is connected to the first basic stamp with pin 0 being the high switching for the heater, pin 1 is for the alarm. The transceiver is connected to pin 2 for the data channel and pin 3 for the T/R mode switch. On the second basic stamp it is also pin 2 for the data channel and pin 3 for the T/R mode.
    CO sensor TransmitWORKING revison 2.bs2reciever circuit MASTER COPY CO sensor interface.bs2
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-01-18 08:32
    I still don't understand what you're trying to do. Your receive program looks like it has a CO sensor attached to it. Your transmit program sends a 16-bit count when it's first clearing the sensor, but then doesn't ever send other data until the next time the heater is turned on. Just exactly what do you want to send between the two units and when do you want to send it? You say you have the purging and sensing count downs transmitting properly. I don't see how that's possible given the programs you've posted.

I would suggest that you start with the transmit program and insert comments whereever you have data you want to transmit ... you've already got DEBUG statements to do much the same thing. After that, you replace the comments with SEROUT statements to transmit. Then you have to write a receive program to receive the data in the same order as it's transmitted ... and display it.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-01-23 08:52
    Can you describe what it is you're trying to get from the code? Are you just trying to see everything that appears on the DEBUG screen on the remote system? If so you can simply add a SEROUT below each DEBUG to send the same data going to the DEBUG terminal to the remote tranceivers.

Looking at your code it doesn't appear you're actuallt transmitting the coutndown since the SEROUT exists before/outside the loop.