Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Issues with my BS2 — Parallax Forums

Issues with my BS2

chewie45chewie45 Posts: 1
edited 2013-01-15 17:09 in BASIC Stamp
I have a BS2 in the USB version of the Board of Education. In the past, I have had this board working my computer which is using Windows 7. Now, when I try to run a simple debug "hello", I get a message that no stamps are found. I have a fresh 9 volt battery in it and a multi-end USB cable, of which has worked with this setup before. I have also re-installed the USB drivers, but it doesn't work. My board has been sitting for about a month with the BS2 in it, but with no battery. When I click the identify button in the editor, COM1 has no under loopback and echo, and COM4 has yes under loopback and echo. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-01-15 17:09
    This sort of error (Stamp not found) is almost always (overwhelmingly) due to one of two things:
    1) Something wrong with the power to the Stamp
    2) Something wrong with the serial connection from the Stamp to the PC or PC to the Stamp

Usually #1 is due to a weak battery despite protestations to the contrary.
    Usually #2 is due to a bad cable (serial or USB) or (for USB) a bad USB to serial adapter.

Sitting for a month with no battery attached won't do anything evil to a Stamp or a Board of Education.

It looks like COM4 is the USB adapter on the USB Board of Education. The USB cable and the built-in adapter
    are probably ok because the Loopback and Echo status is good and USB requires a good cable to get that far.

I'll bet that your new / good 9V battery is not for some reason. Try another.