Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Steering Wheel Interface to Infrared remote control — Parallax Forums

Steering Wheel Interface to Infrared remote control

Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
edited 2015-07-11 23:22 in Propeller 1
I've posted this in the Tachyon thread but I'm sure someone else would be interested in interfacing their steering wheel buttons with an otherwise incompatible stereo/headunit. The code also includes IR receive which lists the codes received from a remote so that they can be coded into the unit. Of course it would be nice if I had a learn mode and that certainly is very possible but I just wanted to get this up and running for my wife's car. Since the Prop is preloaded with Tachyon I can do all my development and testing etc over Bluetooth serial either from my laptop or via a tablet or smartphone.

There's a project page you can look at fhere for code and documentation.

The IR receive and transmission seems to work with at least 6 very different remotes I had lying around on the bench so it's worthwhile looking at this code if you are thinking about doing something with IR. Next IR project will use one of my 3.5" touchscreen to implement an all-in-one remote that can operate several pieces of equipment in tandem automatically. The touchscreen will mostly display buttons that are useful for the current function. How many remotes have I got where the most important buttons are tiny little black ones in funny places that you can never find. With this Prop-ir-remote I will once again gain mastery of my entertainment equipment just like a maestro.