Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret or WIZ812MJ for TCP/IP-based peripheral? — Parallax Forums

Spinneret or WIZ812MJ for TCP/IP-based peripheral?

SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
edited 2013-01-04 15:59 in Accessories
I'm looking at designing a propeller-based device for our lab. I'm thinking of making it controllable over TCP/IP. To do that would I need a Spinneret or is the WIZ812MJ sufficient? I don't need the real-time clock or SD storage.

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2013-01-04 15:34
    I'm looking at designing a propeller-based device for our lab. I'm thinking of making it controllable over TCP/IP. To do that would I need a Spinneret or is the WIZ812MJ sufficient? I don't need the real-time clock or SD storage.
    You need a flux capacitor and muffler bearing... Seriously, it's a bit hard to answer your question without some details.

Being that the Spinneret comes with an SD card slot and an RTC and you don't need those devices then I suppose the WIZ812MJ and a uController is fine.
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2013-01-04 15:59
    Mike G wrote: »
    You need a flux capacitor and muffler bearing... Seriously, it's a bit hard to answer your question without some details.

Being that the Spinneret comes with an SD card slot and an RTC and you don't need those devices then I suppose the WIZ812MJ and a uController is fine.

Sorry for the lack of details, I'm still trying to figure it out myself. The bottom line for now is it looks like the WIZ812MJ will let me interface the Propeller to TCP/IP. I'll have to get one in hand and start experimenting in order to come up with some better questions. Thanks for your help.