Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Opening and editing bse. files? — Parallax Forums

Opening and editing bse. files?

GraymindGraymind Posts: 2
edited 2013-01-04 22:20 in BASIC Stamp
I hadn't heard of BASIC Stamp up until a little while ago, I was told that it would allow me to open and edit bse. files. I'm a complete noob when it comes to coding, and hope to simply change some number values on a particular few scripts (More specifically, I wish to edit the LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2 mod called Special Extended Edition to make it a bit more balanced for when my friends and I play together).
When I open the file I want to edit in BASIC Stamp, it just simply says EAR in the box, and when I try to run it (which is what I assume I'm supposed to do), it says that there is nothing to tokenize.
I'm probably missing a thousand things, or this is not what the program is intended to do at all, so thanks for any replies to my nonsense.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-01-04 13:39
    It depends on what you call ".bse" files. I suspect that what you want to edit is not a Basic Stamp source program file, but something else that also uses the file extension ".bse". The Basic Stamp Editor attempts to read the file and finds only the characters "EAR" that it understands.

The Basic Stamp Editor handles a variety of source program files for the BS2, BS2e, BS2sx, BS2p, BS2pe, and BS2px microcontrollers and these all have file extensions appropriate for those like ".bs2", ".bse", etc.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2013-01-04 15:27
    Graymind - try going here for information about editing LOTR:BFME "bse" files:

http://www.the3rdage.net/item-65
  • GraymindGraymind Posts: 2
    edited 2013-01-04 15:59
    Thanks for the replies. The site above really helped out.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2013-01-04 22:20
    ...excellent!

Thanks for the follow up.