Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Swimming Pool System Automated Controller (V 1.0) — Parallax Forums

Swimming Pool System Automated Controller (V 1.0)

eiplannereiplanner Posts: 112
edited 2013-01-06 01:38 in Robotics
I am embarking on the design of a swimming pool automated control circuit responsible for
  • Setting the run times for various 240V motors from 3/4hp - 5hp.
  • Aux equiment such as pool lights, sequenced led lighting, heaters, blowers, etc...
  • Setting run times for pool cleaner/sweeps.
  • Setting run times for in-floor cleaning jets.
  • Low voltage control over valves.
  • Temp sensor inputs
  • Multi-speed motor inputs
I am picturing a single circuit board design with a power supply, an expandable relay circuit driven through optos and triacs to control 240V 40A loads, a real time clock, a four line lcd for user interface with push button programming, a temperature sensor circuit, a valve positioning circuit, programming interface capable of allowing each user to establish their own schedules.

I think I am OK with the initial setup of the simplest of circuits but will need some assistance in determining necessary safety systems to build in for protection. And later with making the system capable of wireless signals from the outside controller to inside the home and eventually onto the internet where all pool functions could be performed online or on the phone.

This is day 1. I'm going to start with determining how much power the board is going to need where I can design the power supply. I'd like to be able to put something together and then run it by the forum for verification.

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2013-01-06 01:38
    Sounds like a job for the propeller to me. More info would be helpful though.