Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need to make 12V DC Red Signal Tower Lamp Alarm Warning Light BUZZ & Blink at once — Parallax Forums

Need to make 12V DC Red Signal Tower Lamp Alarm Warning Light BUZZ & Blink at once

jergomezjergomez Posts: 1
edited 2013-01-07 13:24 in Robotics
Hello All,

I need to make a Signal Tower lamp "Blink" red & "Buzz at the same time. Currently the lamp has 3 cable "Red" for power, "Grey" for Buzzered and "Purple" for the light. So looks like I can ONLY touch the Purple & Grey intermitantly to ground and it works(buzzes and blinks Red). If I 1st connect the Purple ( REd light) stays on, and then the grey nothing happens, Buzzered doesnt turn on. Can anyone know what I need to have Buzzered and Light switch on/off?

Model Number : a12051000ux0269 Red lens with buzzer sound, Indicator and alarm function. Three cables, gray red wires for red indicator light, gray purple is buzzer sound.http://www.uxcell.com/12v-industrial-red-signal-tower-lamp-alarm-warning-light-with-buzzer-p-213301.html
lamp.jpg

Thanks, jerry
600 x 289 - 28K

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2013-01-06 01:32
    A 555 timer with its output driving an NPN and PNP transistor would let you have the buzzer and light on alternately. One goes on when the 555 output is low, the other when it is high. The transistor selected would depend on the current draw.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2013-01-07 13:24
    You want lamp and buzzer on at the same time, right? Try this: Connect gray & purple together, then make & break a connection to ground. Does that work for you? If so, then you're 90% done, and you can use a Stamp, 555 timer per kwinn, transistor, relay, anything you want.

Try that and report back. If it doesn't work that way, you can always open up the tower and hack the connections anyway you like. You're not married to that cable.