Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Regarding Path Planning using Stingray — Parallax Forums

Regarding Path Planning using Stingray

AnuragrsAnuragrs Posts: 2
edited 2013-01-03 14:31 in Robotics
Dear All,
I am working on the stingray robotic platform and want to do the problem of path planning.
As we are having ready-made program for obstacle avoidance as in "Basic Stingray Demo". Are we also having such programs for Path-planning?
Kindly Answer me.
Thanks in Advance.
With Warm Regards
Anuragrs

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2012-12-30 20:57
    I deleted your duplicate thread and moved the original into the robotics forum. Since your original two posts were in the BASIC Stamp and Propeller forums it is unclear which controller you're using on your Stingray. This information along with a better explanation of what it is you are trying to do would allow us to better answer you question. Please list what you're trying to get the Stingray to do and how and I will attempt to answer your question.
  • AnuragrsAnuragrs Posts: 2
    edited 2013-01-02 23:39
    Sir,
    We are working on Stingray robotic platform( Propeller micro-controller ). We are running obstacle avoidance code using three ultrasonic ping sensors.Now we have a target at, say (x,y) and we have our stingray at (x1,y1) {known using wheel encoders}. Now we want to move our stingray to the given target while avoiding obstacles dynamically.
    Kindly help us in solving our problem.
    Thanks in advance.
    With Warm Regards
    Anuragrs
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2013-01-03 06:24
    This isn't really a Stringray issue as other robots using many different programming languages can do the same thing. Have you read about using wheel encoders to do odometry? Here's a paper for the Boe-Bot which describes the technique:

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/robo/DigitalEncoderDoc.pdf

I've done odometry projects and obstacle avoidance projects, but I haven't combined the two. However, in principal is should be that much different. You move towards your desired destination, when an obstacle is encountered move away from it while tracking your position, after a certain amount of time resume moving towards it again. Here's a video using beacon navigation, but it's not that different when using odometry.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-01-03 14:31
    Help on a system this complex would require a look at your existing system hardware (schematic) and what code you currently have.