Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bot li-ion charge error indication, then fine — Parallax Forums

Boe Bot li-ion charge error indication, then fine

ServoHawkServoHawk Posts: 3
edited 2012-12-21 20:30 in Robotics
I am having a repeating issue with my two li-ion Boe Bot chargers. In each of two charger-equipped Boe Bots, the first recharge typically results in red LEDs on both cells after an hour of charging. Then, I disconnect the charger, plug it back in, and an hour later I get the blinking blue LED success on both cells.

Aside from this issue, the li-ion performance is great compared to the alkaline battery cells. I am very happy with it, but it is a little frustrating to have (almost always) an hour of initial charge reporting twin cell errors.

More technical background. The chargers and the li-ion cells (Tenergy 3.7V) are all new, never severely discharged, and always seem to have sufficient power and an effective use period (on three servos) multiple times longer than four AA cells. I have not yet ignored the error reporting and simply used the cell - I suspect they may, in fact, be fully charged regardless of the error indication as unsuccessfull charge periods take about as long as successful charge periods. Same behavior on two separate Boe Bot installations.

Thanks in advance for any further insight,
-john (ServoHawk)