Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Shiftbrites Revisited — Parallax Forums

Shiftbrites Revisited

tomcrawfordtomcrawford Posts: 1,126
edited 2012-12-20 08:37 in Robotics
I wanted to take shiftbrites to another level by fading from color to color or black rather than just switching from color to color. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv80ntxxLPo

The code is attached. I used a BS2px because I needed RAM space to keep track of what each SB module was doing.

I wrote a little interpreter with instructions such as FadeRedToBlack or FadeGreenToBlue. Each module has its own program of up to 24 steps. I included Delay instructions so that the modules could get out of sync with each other.

The program loops at label top: . For each of the ten SBs, I recover its parameters (Red/Green/Blue/Instruction/ProgCounter/DelayCounter) from RAM and then dispatch through a huge jump table. Initially this was a SELECT/CASE but I ran out of CASEs (16 max). The code in the jump table does something (such as decrease the red value by one) and goes to the bottom: where it drives the SB string and stores the parameters. Notice that the SB Latch term isn't driven HIGH until all ten SBs have their new values.