Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BSLA #30010 Logical analyzer driver/software win 7 64bit — Parallax Forums

BSLA #30010 Logical analyzer driver/software win 7 64bit

bennethosbennethos Posts: 7
edited 2012-12-20 13:17 in BASIC Stamp
Sorry to come up with the question again. I can't seem to find the software/driver for the discontinued : BSLA #30010 Logical analyzer

Could anyone post a link here please ?

Comments

• davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2012-12-15 12:34
    BSLAV127.zip

bennethos - give this a shot.

One of the greatest little tools to have come and gone...

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.
  • bennethosbennethos Posts: 7
    edited 2012-12-16 07:29
    Installed it without errors, will have to read manual again to do some tests. But I guess it will work, my boe-bot was stocked away for a couple of years. Time to revive it :-)

thx a bunch !
    edited 2012-12-16 07:30
    how do I tag this as solved ?
  • doggiedocdoggiedoc Posts: 2,240
    edited 2012-12-16 07:42
    You can edit your first post. You may need to select advanced editor after that but you can change the title designation to 'solved'.

Paul
    edited 2012-12-16 08:05
    I was a bit too fast, davejames, I'm running windows 7 64 bit. After installing the software you provided (it starts up fine) and plugging in the BSLA via usb I get : Unrecognized device ...

In the manual I found : The BSLA software is compatible with Windows 2000/XP. Any of you guys had any success getting the driver to work in win7 64bit ?

cheers
    edited 2012-12-16 08:26
    Well, I found a solution and thought I might post it to help out future owners :-) .

I went to the original developpers site.

http://www.usbee.com/download.htm

And downloaded :

BusBee Software (64-bit)
    version 1.0.0
    Updated 02/09/09
    Contains the BusBee application for monitoring SPI, I2C, Async, 1-Wire, CAN, I2S, Sync Serial, SMBus and USB bus traffic.

And voila ! My BSLA is in a "green status" with the soft davejones posted here. Device manager also recognizes the device as a : Parallax Basic Stamp Logic Analyzer
    edited 2012-12-16 08:35
    Solved it by downloading the still available drivers for the busbee (original developper of the parallax BSLA) : http://www.usbee.com/download.htm

Install :

BusBee Software (64-bit)
    version 1.0.0
    Updated 02/09/09

Contains the BusBee application for monitoring SPI, I2C, Async, 1-Wire, CAN, I2S, Sync Serial, SMBus and USB bus traffic.

Your BSLA will now be detected correctly :-) What a workaround, but hey we are born robo-troubleshooting problem solvers aren't we ?

cheers !
    Ben
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2012-12-16 13:50
    Hi Gen - glad to hear it worked...sort of. And glad to hear that USBee was a help.

What lead you to trying the BusBee software?

FYI - I have no experience running the BSLA under anything other than Windows XP 32-bit.
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2012-12-18 06:38
    Just for the record, I've been able to get a lot of older software to run on Windows 7 (even when the software itself claims it will not work) by using "compatibility mode". I don't think I've ever tried with the BSLA software, but I was able to get the old version 4 of the Optascope software to run correctly. Be advised that you usually have to run the software installer in compatibility mode also.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?141713-Optascope-81M
    edited 2012-12-20 09:18
    The software ran fine without compatibility mode in 64bit Win7 . But the driver didn't work.

Pure logic led me to install the busbee driver :-D . They are the developper of the BSLA, busbee was developped at the same time. A calculated hunch :-D

We are eternal troubleshooters after all we robot guys & programmers aren't we ;-)

All the Best
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2012-12-20 13:17
    Compatibility mode does help with some software and you can run 32-bit applications on a Windows 64-bit system, however all hardware drivers must be 64-bit.

Also, some older software will not function properly even under compatibility more and I have seen some very interesting results, such as the app running but giving an error when closing, giving an error at startup, but then seeming to run, or outright telling me the application is not compatible with this version of windows regardless of the compatibility mode.