Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for a speaker (as in a human) — Parallax Forums

Looking for a speaker (as in a human)

alphajimalphajim Posts: 5
edited 2012-12-13 09:46 in Learn with BlocklyProp
This is kind of an odd request. I'm asking this on behalf of an amateur radio club (Western Placer ARC) up in Lincoln CA. Almost a stone's throw from Parallax. I'm looking to see if someone would be interested in giving a short overview of the STAMP and Propeller micro-controllers. Maybe 20-30 minutes. Compensation is pizza and beverage(s) of choice. We meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month, and we'd be looking for someone to do this in February or March.

Needless to say, the ham community has a lot of overlap with the "maker" types and general electronics experimentation.

Thanks for your help, and my apologies if this ended up in the wrong forum.

jim feldman
w6jmf

Comments

• prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2012-12-13 05:43
    alphajim wrote: »
    This is kind of an odd request. I'm asking this on behalf of an amateur radio club (Western Placer ARC) up in Lincoln CA. Almost a stone's throw from Parallax. I'm looking to see if someone would be interested in giving a short overview of the STAMP and Propeller micro-controllers. Maybe 20-30 minutes. Compensation is pizza and beverage(s) of choice. We meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month, and we'd be looking for someone to do this in February or March.

Needless to say, the ham community has a lot of overlap with the "maker" types and general electronics experimentation.

Thanks for your help, and my apologies if this ended up in the wrong forum.

jim feldman
    w6jmf

You might try posting in the general forum. Not so many folks frequent the education forum.

If nobody responds I could teleconfernce over skype if you want to do something on a speaker phone.
  • alphajimalphajim Posts: 5
    edited 2012-12-13 09:46
    Thanks for the info and offer. Let me see if I can impose on someone local first.

jim