Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID for Fixture ID — Parallax Forums

RFID for Fixture ID

JordanCClarkJordanCClark Posts: 198
edited 2012-12-13 00:48 in Robotics
For those waiting breathlessly for the answer to the burning question asked in this thread, I've done 5m with no issues.

My application was to use a pair of Parallax RFID Read/Write modules for Identifying fixtures on an assembly machine.

Working setup with 30mm tag flush mounted in the fixture, and the RFID module in a custom UHMW housing flush-mounted in the table. This gives approx. 2mm distance between reader and tag (the thickness of the housing), with a maximum read distance of approx. 6mm. :cool:

So, here are some pics, along with what I've got for programs and documentation so far.

Edit: forgot to re-encode the pics in the documentation file to make overall size much smaller-- 7.5M down to 155k-- easier downloads for everyone!

Edit: Changed prefix to complete.

Comments

• mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2012-12-11 07:07
    What a neat application and solution! I hooked up one of the readers the other day and was playing with it. I can see some interesting applications for RFID around the homestead. More projects for the never shrinking project list.

So, what *IS* the answer to the burning question???? :lol:
  • JordanCClarkJordanCClark Posts: 198
    edited 2012-12-11 07:10
    mindrobots wrote: »
    So, what *IS* the answer to the burning question???? :lol:

I'm pretty sure the answer is 42, we just don't know 42 what...
    edited 2012-12-11 07:15
    units, 42 units
  • JordanCClarkJordanCClark Posts: 198
    edited 2012-12-11 11:18
    Before I get back to wiring and programming the rest of this line, I wanted to thank TinkersALot and Brandon (Bobb Fewdd), whose code I shamelessly stole-- err... "borrowed , tweaked and otherwise was inspired by". :innocent:
  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,709
    edited 2012-12-13 00:11
    mindrobots ... I really like your posts... yes. sure. units...what else...

Enjoy!

Mike
    edited 2012-12-13 00:48
    Thanks! Whatever I can do to help keep the ball moving forward!! :0)

My day job continues to suck away any intellectual potential for the time being, so the best I can offer at present is questionable comic relief.