Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Motor Connection enabled at first start (via Robot Dashboard) — Parallax Forums

Motor Connection enabled at first start (via Robot Dashboard)

namusnamus Posts: 18
edited 2012-12-10 07:31 in Robotics
Hi,
the problem is, I want to have the Drive Connection to the motors enabled at start.

At the moment (and per default) it is you have to press a button on the xbox-controller (Button A) or klick on drive enabled inside the robot dashboard.

I thought, when I change the value "Drive State - Is Enabled" in the manifest-editor, it would solve the problem, but this doesn't take any effect.

In the C# files I also changed the values under the robotdashboard.csproj files, but only in the graphical version, cause I'm not so familiar with the code.
No effect.

Does anybody know how to solve the problem?
Or, how can I initialize the connection to the motor drive at start without pressing any button?

Regards.

P.S. It is an eddie-robot

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2012-12-09 19:41
    Did you rebuild your C# Project? Any time you edit any of the Project files you must rebuild the entire project for them to work correctly. I highly recommend backing up the project first.
  • namusnamus Posts: 18
    edited 2012-12-10 07:31
    Thank you for the tip. Now I've rebuild the C# Project. No effect. What I did was: Under samples/platform/referenceplattform2011/Robotdashboard/ opened the RobobotDashboard.csproj file and changed the settings in the Dashboardform.cs (form). The settings at the "Enable Drive" button I changed to "Checked: True" and "Check State: Checked". And then rebuild the project. Perhaps this isn't the right place or I do anything wrong?