Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gripper Kit for the Boe-Bot question — Parallax Forums

Gripper Kit for the Boe-Bot question

Justin13Justin13 Posts: 6
edited 2012-12-03 05:50 in Robotics
Hi

I bought the gripper kit but i am having a few problems assembling it.

First question i have is in the manual at step 7 ( Step #7: E-Z Connectors) its says "Follow the directions on the package to install the E/Z Connector into the control arms. Use the nylon washers, but set the screws aside for now. " but there are no directions on the package on how to do the instillation .

The second question i have is about bending the actuator rod, I tried to follow the directions but have no clue how i should bend the rod and what the end result should be the pics seem contradictory. Should i bend each of the log arms at 45 degrees in the same direction or should i bend them in the opposite direction ?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2012-12-03 05:38
    Justin13,

I think the E-Z Connectors just push together. Here's a thread in a RC forum about them.

I think you can use either washer to snap it on. Here's a Dubro link. If you use the plastic washer, have the flat side against the metal arm (dimpled or rounded side down).

Here's picture.

EZCONNECTORS_ftrd-620x250.jpg

I found here.

Since the gripper metal is thicker than the plastic in the picture, you may need to use the metal washer instead of the plastic one.

It looks like the actuator rod has two different bends. I think you could start with them both at 45 degrees and then when you get to step 16 or 18 bend the lower portion a bit more to get it to line up with the E-Z connector on the right side.
  • Justin13Justin13 Posts: 6
    edited 2012-12-03 05:50
    Ok cool thanks for the info !