Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID help — Parallax Forums

RFID help

buckedup169buckedup169 Posts: 8
edited 2012-11-30 03:19 in BASIC Stamp
i am trying to write a program so when a different id tag passes by the rfid a certain output will go high and low as that card keeps passing. its been about 3 years since i worked with Parallax softwre and am a little rusty if someone could take a look at my program and see if it will work or what needs dont to make it work that would be great

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2012-11-29 15:38
    Welcome to the forums.

The Door Program Code you added will never run because the code is not designed for it to ever get to that point. Also, your conditionals will always fail because you're testing different numbers against each other instead of a variable. For example, testing IF 14=1 or something similar will always be false. Actually a second look shows you're not looking at the individual tags anymore. The existing demo as it was written does most of what you needed to do. I would suggest starting with the original code again as you need some of what was removed.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2012-11-29 15:56
    Ok, I have had the same request/question twice this week so I will post my suggested method to edit the RFID.bs2 code to do what you want. Your pin assignments for the doors run backward from 15 down and skip 13, but taking that into consideration the following code should do exactly what you listed above if you enter the proper tag data into the EEPROM data section of the code.

This code does does exactly what you said...when a tag passes the I/O pin assigned to that tag goes high then low each time the tag is passed by the reader. I hope this helps.
  • buckedup169buckedup169 Posts: 8
    edited 2012-11-30 03:19
    thank you Chris i would of never got this on my own, this has been a huge help. i cannot wait to see this work