Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Customer Discounts and Predefined dollar value accounts using RFID cards — Parallax Forums

Customer Discounts and Predefined dollar value accounts using RFID cards

dvehlhaberdvehlhaber Posts: 2
edited 2012-11-25 17:18 in BASIC Stamp
Has anyone done any RFID work with cxn to BasicStamp2 to keep track of customers with predefined discounts and/or predefined amounts with decrement amount associated with each purchase transaction. For example, 5, 10, 15 and 20% discount RFID cards or $25, $50, or $100 preset amounts that are decremented by total pre-tax dollar amount associated with each purchase transaction? Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• TinkersALotTinkersALot Posts: 535
    edited 2012-11-25 11:14
    I started working on something like that once, but for a propeller based system (to have enough pins to support a keypad and an lcd for PIN entry). In the payments industry (which I used to work in) you are describing a type of a private label card system. Not quite a commodity marketplace -- but big banks own the big retailers here. There are a few solutions for the "mom and pop" level of retailer, but they are rare and kind of hard to find.
  • dvehlhaberdvehlhaber Posts: 2
    edited 2012-11-25 17:18
    Thanks for your reply. I'm going to move to Belize soon, so unfortunately U.S. systems of any kind are not feasible. Hence, my interest in creating or purchasing one from a Parallax developer, if at all possible.