Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
set gpio in mvpl for parallax platform for I/O — Parallax Forums

set gpio in mvpl for parallax platform for I/O

harlandharland Posts: 6
edited 2012-12-07 20:52 in Robotics
I would like to turn on and off the GPIO pins on the Eddie Control board. The schematic shows 12 I/O pins and the first 2 are used by the normal configuration of Eddie. I have attached some leds to the unused I/O pins. Using MVPL and the setpin input into the Parallax2011ReferencePlatfromController I would like to turn them on and off. I am unable to figure out the Data to send into the Parallax2011ReferencePlatfromController using MVPL. The SetPin input is looking for a target: PinState and PinSignal. So I have been trying different values in a Data Activity to feed the PlatformController.
Using the terminal program provided by Parallax and the firmware command "High bitmask" and "Low bitmask" everything works. The problem is when I try to do it in MVPL, I always get an error.

Comments

• Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2012-12-07 20:52
    harland, I don't have an Eddie robot or controller myself, but maybe this thread would help you. Post #7 includes modified firmware that lets you blink multiple LEDs at once.

I think the original command to blink an LED was "BLNK". My modified version uses the command "BLINK". I don't know if or how much the firmware has changed since January so I'm not sure if my changes would be useful to you or not.