Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee BoeBot — Parallax Forums

XBee BoeBot

ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
edited 2012-11-24 22:29 in Robotics
Hi All...

Just finished getting Bob (my BoeBot) moving under remote control with XBee. It isn't pretty since the programs I used weren't really written to do this, ie... the multi-point examples in the "Getting Started with XBee Modules" documentation.
Control is through a debug window on my netbook. At the moment, motion is limited to full speed forward through full speed reverse. I'm working on adding turning routines to the code (and cutting out parts I don't need).
I have a third XBee on a Homework board that could drive a second 'bot. Of course, a lot more work on the software is needed before I go there.

Anyway, it's a start! :smile:

Amanda

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2012-11-24 03:17
    Far out. Make some videos when you drive it in a Figure 8!
  • doggiedocdoggiedoc Posts: 2,240
    edited 2012-11-24 04:56
    Sounds cool. How about some video of it in action? I've acquired a few xbees lately and might want to try something similar.
  • Tom CTom C Posts: 461
    edited 2012-11-24 05:09
    @ajward,
    You might want to look at this product as an example: http://www.bluewolfinc.com/flashfly-system/
    Regards,
    TCIII
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
    edited 2012-11-24 08:12
    erco wrote: »
    Far out. Make some videos when you drive it in a Figure 8!

Heh... that'll be fun! But in the meantime Bob can do a killer figure one! ;-)

@
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2012-11-24 09:08
    If & when Matt sends me a junked BoeBot with bad servos, I'll retrofit some stepper motors on it. That might be a worthy option for Parallax to consider selling.
  • gennarobasso81gennarobasso81 Posts: 84
    edited 2012-11-24 22:29
    hey ajward,

I'm doing the same project. i have it posted under education group project for beginers....or something like that. If ur interested check it out :)