Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Code updates for the BOE Shield-Bot, Arduino Mega — Parallax Forums

Code updates for the BOE Shield-Bot, Arduino Mega

Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
edited 2012-11-29 09:17 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi Folks,

This is an FYI for those using the BOE Shield-Bot and the "Robotics with the BOE Shield for Arduino" web tutorial.

I made edits to two sketches today, and uploaded new code for Chapter 3 and Chapter 7. These two sketches which would cause the Arduino Mega 2650 to hang up and fail on upload. The issue was that we'd used more than one exclamation point in a row in a serial string, like this:

Serial.println("Beep!!!");

I've curbed our enthusiasm down to single exclamation points in serial strings, which eliminates the problem. So, if you have archived the code and tutorial pages to use off-line in your classroom, you might want to either download the new code archives or keep an eye out for this if any of your students are using Megas.

My apologies to anyone who got stuck on these sketches!

-Steph

Comments

• RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2012-11-21 07:50
    You may want to fix this page:

http://learn.parallax.com/node/181

It may show where to plug the wires into the board but I can't see anywhere on that page that tells which servo (Right and Left) plugs into which port 12 or 13. It looks like those are defined in the example code but it should be listed right on the page that shows were they plug in.
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2012-11-29 09:17
    Thanks! Done!