Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ramdon numbers — Parallax Forums

Ramdon numbers

dbolduc6dbolduc6 Posts: 2
edited 2012-11-16 09:09 in BASIC Stamp
I need a program code to ramdonly light up five led's on a basic stamp 2.I am new at programing and can not rite the code.in picbasic.I am 70 years old and just started to work whit stamps

My E-MAIL is dbolduc6@msn.com

Comments

• NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2012-11-15 14:15
    Welcome to the Forum. Did you receive a manual with your stamp or do you just have the stamp? There is a ton of infornation that will get you started in the manual or you can download here: http://www.parallax.com/tabid/440/Default.aspx
    After attempting to accomplish your task in this way if you are still having problems come back and ask for help. Be sure to explain what you have tried and if possible post your code so others can help you out.
  • dbolduc6dbolduc6 Posts: 2
    edited 2012-11-16 08:29
    Yes I have a manual and build the circuit but now I want to ad 4 more leds to the same stamp. Do i just add more text to the same program code. tankyou MWCCTV
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-11-16 09:09
    You can certainly just add more statements to your program to operate the additional LEDs, but there's a more or less standard process to learning how to use a Stamp that involves both the Stamp Manual and the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial. The tutorial introduces concepts in a useful order and includes lots of exercises to work through that illustrate the concepts and techniques used.