Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Running Program Help — Parallax Forums

Running Program Help

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2012-11-21 07:44 in BASIC Stamp
Is there a way to figure out which program is currently loaded on a BS2? I have a program in my Stamp and for the life of me I can not find it on my system. I just need to know the name of the file in the stamp.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-11-15 08:03
    No. There's no way to do that.

Typically people add a DEBUG statement at the beginning of the program that identifies the program and its version if there's a PC attached running the Stamp Editor, but there's no built-in way to do what you want.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2012-11-15 18:04
    That's what I thought but wanted to clarify. I had a debug in it but removed it after all was working well!!! I guess I will just go through all my code directories until I locate it. At least I know the date it was done so that will help.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2012-11-15 18:46
    ...one idea I'm toying with is using the DATA statement to embed the ASCII codes that represent the program information into EEPROM. Just have to make sure doing so doesn't crash into program code.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2012-11-16 20:59
    I was fortunate enough to find it!!! However, I think what I may start doing for all my programs is putting a Debug in with the file name just to be safe. I have all my projects in specific directories but somehow this one ended up on my Netbook C drive instead of on my Network like normal.
  • MoskogMoskog Posts: 554
    edited 2012-11-20 23:28
    ..or if you are using an LCD or something similar you can start with a splash screen showing version number or version date at program startup. I found that very useful but the hardest part is to remember to update the splash-info itself when updating the code.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-11-21 07:44
    It helps to have a constant declaration for the version number which you can display.