Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thanks Tech Support — Parallax Forums

Thanks Tech Support

robobillrobobill Posts: 12
edited 2012-11-14 18:36 in Robotics
I recently purchased an Eddie control board for my robot/battle bot. After modifying the driver/battery issue (I'm using four Craftsman 19.2 drill motors which was driven by a dimension engineering motor controller) and installed a 12v battery I fired up the Eddie but had immediate troubles driving forward. I called tech support but they were also stumped... and it all my fault... ! HAD THE DARN KINECT VIEWER ATTACHED AND I WAS SITTING TOO CLOSE.... MY BAD!!!

Once I shifted the Kinect, away from me, everything works fine... The 12v Eddie controller runs all 4 19.2V motors just fine

Many thanks to tech support for tolerating my newness

Comments

• Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2012-11-13 13:32
    Hey robobill - Welcome to the Forums :thumb:

Glad to hear that you got it solved - feel free to post pics - we're always interested in see what ya'll are doing !
    -MattG
  • robobillrobobill Posts: 12
    edited 2012-11-14 18:36
    Thanks Matt. Here is a pic of my "protobot"
    IMG-20121111-00151.jpg
    . The problem is how to make this all happen with MRDS. I'm a semi-retired mechanical engineer and I'm way out of touch with this C# and VPL stuff. My goal is to build a robot that will roll dry a tennis court. And to make a long story short, I actually have a US patent for this tennis court bot.

I've used Trevor's Maze to produce a tennis court, but I'm getting bogged down with how to bring in the Eddie, VPL and (probably) RoboRealm.

I live near Walnut Creek Ca., and was wondering if anyone up your way was conducting classes as to how to make an Eddie work with MRDS with a real beginner in mind?

Thanks

Bill
    1024 x 768 - 99K