Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax service for MVPL — Parallax Forums

Parallax service for MVPL

harlandharland Posts: 6
edited 2012-11-01 07:08 in Robotics
In the firmware dwd_Eddie ignore encoder errors.spin there are several commands that are not supported or I cannot figure out out to use in Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController service for MVPL. I would like to use the BLNK or the BLINK command, is there any way to do that?

Comments

• TLCTLC Posts: 74
    edited 2012-10-30 10:30
    BLINK is not implemented in the Parallax brick service. I think it may be that since it wasn't part of the core MARK specification it didn't make it to the final cut. To implement, you will need to add it to the Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController service using C# and re-compile. If you don't have a copy of C# you can download an Express version for free. Unfortunately you will probably have to re-install RDS so that it adds the required info to C#

At least since it is in the brick service some of the work has been done for you.

Todd

EDIT: I might add that since the Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController service is not one of the standard RDS services when you modify and re-compile it it does not create a (User) service so you won't need to modify any of your VPL programs.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2012-10-31 16:26
    TLC wrote: »
    Unfortunately you will probably have to re-install RDS so that it adds the required info to C#

Forgive me for poking in, but is this not done when the Build All Samples is run? I have made some various mods to MVPL items and have not yet had to reinstall after running this.
  • TLCTLC Posts: 74
    edited 2012-11-01 07:08
    Sorry, after re-reading my post I realized that I wasn't very clear. I was referring to the suggested order that components needed to be installed (C# --> Kinect SDK --> RDS). You don't need to install Visual Studio (or C# Express if that's what you are using) to install RDS. But if you want to make changes to the service binaries like the ParallaxReferencePlatform you need to install C# and it has to be installed before RDS so that RDS adds templates etc. into Visual Studio/C#. The only reason that you would have to re-install RDS is if you didn't think that you were going to make changes and hadn't installed Visual Studio/C#.

Todd