Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Noob to Everything Parallax, needing to know how to prgram a standard servo — Parallax Forums

Noob to Everything Parallax, needing to know how to prgram a standard servo

jtmoralesjtmorales Posts: 7
edited 2012-10-27 07:18 in BASIC Stamp
Noob to Everything Parallax, needing to know how to program a standard servo using the basic Stamp 2 Homework Board USB, i tried finding books on how but where i live they do not have it or ship to my home. I want to learn how to program my servos so i can us it manually using a switch, this is something really would love to learn i got into thanks to a friend of mines and i wanted to do it to and enjoy it cause it looks like a fun experience. but i don;t know what i need to do or what to use besides the 2 servos and the basic stamp 2. Can some one help me please

Comments

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2012-10-27 00:54
    You are in luck, Parallax has most of their books available to be downloaded for free. Go to this link and download "What's a Microcontroller? v3.0".

In it you will find a wealth of information, including how to program a servo.
  • jtmoralesjtmorales Posts: 7
    edited 2012-10-27 00:57
    do you find coding easy?
    edited 2012-10-27 01:00
    jtmorales wrote: »
    do you find coding easy?

Wow, what a loaded question!

Sure, sometimes. Not at all at other times.
    edited 2012-10-27 01:04
    ok can you can tell me what do i need to use after programming servos from the homeword board is there something i can use to connect them after and have them still use the same program like a propeller or a nano
    edited 2012-10-27 01:09
    The Homework Board is a Basic Stamp based board. You would be able to use your program with any other Basic Stamp, and there are quite a few. You can even design your own board using the Basic Stamp IC. The Propeller uses a different programming language so you would need to rewrite your code for it - it wouldn't be hard.
    edited 2012-10-27 01:12
    ok is that i want to make a project using servos to make a functional face plate for an iron man bust i am making
    edited 2012-10-27 01:36
    do i need the Basic stamp 2 model or is it part of the homework board
    edited 2012-10-27 02:13
    The Basic Stamp 2 (BS2) is integrated into the Homework Board.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-10-27 07:18
    In addition to "What's a Microcontroller?", download and read parts of "Robotics with the BoeBot" (both here). This 2nd tutorial describes how servos work and how to make them work with a Stamp. "What's a Microcontroller?", in addition to teaching you how to program a Stamp, shows how to work with pushbuttons, LEDs, etc.