Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop Servo Controller with PINGs — Parallax Forums

Prop Servo Controller with PINGs

Carol HazlettCarol Hazlett Posts: 312
edited 2012-12-25 19:14 in Accessories
Can the Propoller Servo Controller be used to drive Ping sensors and is there any documention or literature on how to do it?

Thanks ahead, Carol

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-10-24 21:54
    It's against forum rules to cross-post. Your other thread with the same title will be deleted. Theoretically, the Propeller Servo Controller could be used to drive PING sensors. I seem to recall some problems people had with some 5V sensors and the Servo Controller because of the voltage level translators used, but I'm not sure if that was the PING or some other sensor. From a software standpoint, it's a "no brainer", but you'd have to either modify the existing servo control software or write your own using existing library objects for servo control and PING sensing. Look in the Propeller Object Exchange for the objects.
  • StickySticky Posts: 42
    edited 2012-12-24 12:43
    I'm now playing with this myself, I tried to bring down the voltage of the red and black outputs to 5 v with a voltage regulator but no luck< anybody have some more ideas?
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2012-12-25 19:14
    It would help if you gave more information like how you have things connected and why you need to drop the voltage.