Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
WTS701 Winbond Voice Chip — Parallax Forums

WTS701 Winbond Voice Chip

Chuckphd53Chuckphd53 Posts: 6
edited 2012-12-14 08:52 in BASIC Stamp
I need to find the eval kit. WTS-ES701. Eval board that was offer about 5 yrs ago

Hoping some one has one they would like to sell,

OR

Offer to allow me get a copy of the software disk and I will build the hardware :)

Any help is appreciated, I have a project that is on hold and I'm trying desparertly to find this !

Thanks to all in advance for any help

Chuck

Comments

• RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2012-10-15 18:12
    You can still find the manual for this online at Digikey:

http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Winbond%20PDFs/WTS-ES701%20Manual.pdf

Unless you have access to a large number of those chips you may not want to bother since I believe that chip is obsolete now and very hard to find. The original EMIC speech module used this chip but I think it was discontinued since the Speech chip was no longer available. You could ask them if they have the software that went with the eval kit:

http://www.grandideastudio.com/portfolio/emic-text-to-speech-module/
  • Chuckphd53Chuckphd53 Posts: 6
    edited 2012-10-16 06:22
    thanks, this is an existing design and I have 700+ chips in my stock and need to support the voices..

I have the manual, need the software :)

any help is very appreciated...

someone must have have an eval unit laying around :)

thanks
    CHuck
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2012-10-16 07:09
    Have you tried calling Winbond directly or any of their distributors? Perhaps one of them may still have a set or can at least get you the software.

I noticed that you started another identical thread in the general forum. That sort of goes against the forum guidelines and you should remove the extra post. If you want this thread moved to either the General forum or the Classified section then you can ask a moderator to move it...
    edited 2012-10-16 07:18
    will do thanks
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2012-10-17 19:27
    Do you know the name of the software? I have several resources for old and outdated software but would need to know the name.
  • Lydia-YiQiLydia-YiQi Posts: 1
    edited 2012-11-01 19:32
    Hello Chuck,
    Why not reply me about the order on WTS701MF/T?
    Don't you get the eval kit?
    Please reply me soon.
    edited 2012-12-14 08:52
    Built a programmer from the winbond schems...

also found a good quantity of Winbond chips, so I can now program to both Female and Mal English Voice.

thanks
    Chuck