Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret won't mount SD card (it used to just fine) — Parallax Forums

Spinneret won't mount SD card (it used to just fine)

ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,644
edited 2012-10-06 06:44 in Accessories
Hi,

I recently used the 16GB microSD card I use for my spinneret as temporary storage for repartitioning a 16GB flash drive. I repartitioned the SD card with a 8GB FAT32 and a 8GB ext4 partition using fdisk and mkfs under Gentoo. I used Mac OSX's Disk Utility to repartition it to just a FAT32 partition and now the spinneret can't mount it. I use MikeG's server. The demo for version 2 of Kye's SD card driver can read it, but bad things happen if I try even making MikeG's server say that the SD card mount failed. I get lots of random output as if something started attacking the serial buffer. If I let the abort empty the stack and stop cog 0, however, I don't get any random output. Anyone have any idea of what's happening?

Thanks,

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2012-10-05 23:07
    HTTPServer uses Kye's driver. Not sure if the driver is version 2 but the name is S35390A_SD-MMC_FATEngine.spin.
    OBJ
      pst           : "Parallax Serial Terminal"
      Socket        : "W5100_Indirect_Driver"
      SDCard        : "S35390A_SD-MMC_FATEngineWrapper"
      Request       : "Request"
      Response      : "Response"
      str           : "StringMethods"
      rtc           : "S35390A_RTCEngine"

I wrapped the driver in S35390A_SD-MMC_FATEngineWrapper.spin where the partition is hard-coded... I assumed a single partitioned SD card for the web server.
    CON
      PARTITION            = 0 

Maybe try partition 1?
  • ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,644
    edited 2012-10-06 06:44
    Yes, you use version 3. The version 2 shell found a FAT filesystem in partition 0, and I have Disk Utility in debug mode so it shows hidden partitions.