Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
trouble with setup-"No" on loopback — Parallax Forums

trouble with setup-"No" on loopback

Mark FryMark Fry Posts: 3
edited 2012-10-02 21:39 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everyone,
I'm just getting started with my boe-bot and I'm stuck on the Identifying process. I'm getting "NO" on the loopback. I started off with com3, switched to com5, I've tried changing latency from 16 to 1. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Parallax. The chip is seated and it is identified. I'm using the cable sent with the bot and I have also tried another cable with the same results. I've also tried it with my laptop running win 7 pro, same results. Please help, thanks!
Basic stamp 2.5.3
windows 7 ultimate
"USB" version boe-bot

Mark

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2012-10-02 12:03
    Mark Fry wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I'm just getting started with my boe-bot and I'm stuck on the Identifying process. I'm getting "NO" on the loopback. I started off with com3, switched to com5, I've tried changing latency from 16 to 1. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Parallax. The chip is seated and it is identified. I'm using the cable sent with the bot and I have also tried another cable with the same results. I've also tried it with my laptop running win 7 pro, same results. Please help, thanks!
    Basic stamp 2.5.3
    windows 7 ultimate
    "USB" version boe-bot

Mark

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums!

The first thing I would try is uninstall all the FTDI drivers.
    Reboot the computer.
    Re install the FTDI drivers WITHOUT the BOE plugged in. (Latest drivers are here)
    Try again.

Let us know how it goes.
  • Mark FryMark Fry Posts: 3
    edited 2012-10-02 14:00
    Okay, I uninstalled drivers rebooted and re installed from the web site, no change. I also tried resetting the latency again with no luck as well. I will be meeting with my teacher later this afternoon so hopefully I can get to the bottom of this today! I will update you guys when I know something more. Thanks again.
  • Mark FryMark Fry Posts: 3
    edited 2012-10-02 21:39
    My teacher believes it's a faulty board, so he so he's sending it back to Parallax for me. Thanks for the help.