Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stop Motion BS2 Rig — Parallax Forums

Stop Motion BS2 Rig

xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
edited 2012-09-29 11:38 in Robotics
[video=youtube_share;SsMHk6-nueU]

I used the same setup as here - http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?140793-Turn-one-time-lapse-camera-into-many-at-low-cost

This time, instead of the sensor detecting the GoPro's on board LED, I mounted the sensor to the desk. Each time I moved something in the frame when I moved my hand out of view it would trigger the camera. So basically, I didn't need to hit the shutter once during the shoot :)

Comments

• Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2012-09-28 12:35
    That's actually pretty neat.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2012-09-28 12:40
    That is freakishly cool! I think Parallax should adopt it for their BOE-Bot product page!

-Phil
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2012-09-28 13:12
    Wow! That was dramatic! I stayed around for the end to see what happened!

Well done!
  • xanaduxanadu Posts: 3,347
    edited 2012-09-28 15:18
    Thanks!

And... oops I meant photo diode not IR sensor in my first post. The BASIC Stamp is my Swiss Army knife for fun in my office.

This was my first stop motion video. It was so much fun with the Stamp controlling the shutter. I'm itching to make a better video now. I think around 2 minutes with more of a story and higher frame rate. I will submit version 2 to Parallax and see if they could use it.

I followed the BOE Bot manual step by step for the video just in case. One thing I seem to have a problem with is the barrel connector on the 4 AA power pack won't fit through the rubber grommet after it is installed, especially after the servo wires. Need to figure out if that is just my 4 AA packs or the rubber grommets I have or something else.
  • ScopeScope Posts: 417
    edited 2012-09-29 09:47
    |____________|
    |__ good job __|
    |____________|
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2012-09-29 11:38
    Good job. Stop motion takes patience and planning to be really interesting.