Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Something is seriously wrong with my PropScope — Parallax Forums

Something is seriously wrong with my PropScope

espiforenqueespiforenque Posts: 1
edited 2012-11-27 21:10 in Accessories
Sometimes it works fine. Most of the time, it doesn't.
  • Sometimes I get nothing at all from the scope as soon as I turn it on. Other times, I have about five seconds of action before it stops responding.
  • Attempting to change the scale settings (5µs, 10µs, etc.) causes the scope to stop responding.
  • When I try to set up a trigger, I usually end up with a "Wait for Trigger" message forever, even though I know it should've fired by now.
  • I'm often treated to corrupt output from the scope (see the attached image; that's what occasionally happens when I attempt to read a constant 5 volts DC).
This thing is useless to me right now. I'm guessing it's broken and needs to be exchanged, assuming it's not too late. Or perhaps it's a driver or software issue. I've run the scope on two different Windows 7 machines, and I'm having the same issues on both. I can't pinpoint exactly when I started having all these problems; maybe it was when I switched to Windows 7. It seems to have gotten progressively worse over time. I remember being completely satisfied with this scope when I first got it.

Is there hope? Or should I just go ahead and return the scope (if I still can)?
509 x 381 - 42K

Comments

• RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2012-09-25 08:42
    Do you have it plugged into a USB 3.0 port or a USB 2.0 port on your system. As I recall some people had some issued with USB 3.0 ports so if you have it connected to one of those then that could be the problem.

Robert
  • HannoHanno Posts: 1,130
    edited 2012-11-27 21:10
    Your PropScope hardware is faulty- your symptoms match an issue that was resolved earlier this year. Please contact Parallax for a replacement.
    Hanno