Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS1 and SHT1x Temperature Sensor — Parallax Forums

BS1 and SHT1x Temperature Sensor

shawnerzshawnerz Posts: 6
edited 2012-09-20 20:03 in BASIC Stamp
All,
Short version: Can the BS2 SHIFTOUT command be bit banged on the BS1?

Long version: Several years ago, I ordered a SHT11 temperature and humidity sensor for use with a BS1. It's been sitting around doing nothing for almost 8 years. I had some idle time and thought I'd play with the SHT11 and Stamp. I ordered 2 BS1's. Then, I found the SHT11 was made to talk to the BS2-not the BS1. :(
The example code uses BS2 commands. Specifically, SHIFTOUT. SHIFTOUT isn't supported in BS1. Can the BS1 manually preform the same function as SHIFTOUT? If show, is there some example code?
Thank you,
-Shawn

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2012-09-18 20:50
    The BS1 can bit-bang the SHIFTOUT and SHIFTIN, and if you are interested in that, look at the Parallax Stamp documentation page, especially the BS1 and BS2 conversion tips, and most especially the BASIC Stamp 1 Application Notes. There are some great articles in there that can help you do some amazing stuff with the BS1.

As to the SHT1x, there should be no problem to read in the raw data and to get the temperature. The humidity on the other hand takes some fancy math that is probably beyond the capability of the Stamp 1.
  • shawnerzshawnerz Posts: 6
    edited 2012-09-19 19:52
    Thank you for your response. I think the easiest thing to do is buy a BS2.
    Thanks,
    -Shawn
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2012-09-20 20:03
    You should have grabbed a Grab Bag!!!!