Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Jaimie's robot is a reality — Parallax Forums

Jaimie's robot is a reality

Comments

• prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2012-09-09 16:28
    I can't wait to get a couple of these next xmas!
    edited 2012-09-11 19:44
    So, I decided I wouldn't wait till next year to get one. I ordered one, and its here already!

The four year old already started attacking the Rapunzel doll: "Arrgh! The giant spider is after the princess!"

This has added another spark to the kids' interest in robots!

It can walk over clutter fairly well, it doesn't care if there's hardwood or carpet, it just keeps going. Very nice design for only two motors. (not counting the disk flinger)

And the disk flinger and aiming LED are pretty fun too. The hit counter has a neat "stagger" affect.

All in all, its very cool.
    1024 x 768 - 74K
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2012-09-12 00:43
    I very, very nearly placed an order. I said that I needed two, one to play with and one to hack. She said I could get one - but I have to wait.
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2012-09-12 22:34
    I ordered one, and I got notice this morning that it shipped. So I guess I will get it in a few business days. :) I wasn't expecting it to ship so quick.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2012-09-12 22:50
    Good luck to Wow Stuff on this one. They could use a big hit after Keepon. Nice to see the Forumistas forkin' over the cash, that's a good sign! It ain't cheap... https://www.combatcreatures.com Where did you guys order yours from?
    edited 2012-09-12 23:03
    The site you linked erco. Using the Buy Now button. You can order from the UK or USA.
  • ColeyColey Posts: 1,108
    edited 2012-09-12 23:46
    erco wrote: »
    Good luck to Wow Stuff on this one. They could use a big hit after Keepon. Nice to see the Forumistas forkin' over the cash, that's a good sign! It ain't cheap...

It's cheaper than a Prop BOE ;-)

I ordered one for my son, he's wanted one ever since I showed him Jamie's videos a year ago.
    It's been great to see the progress he's made and especially after his last spider tank was copied!!!
    I really hope it sells well for him and for Wow Stuff.
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2012-09-13 08:36
    I've just gotten restarted working on projects and wouldn't have time to hack one of these in the short term. But these look ideal as a candidate for a Penguin brain transplant.
    edited 2012-09-13 14:06
    Mine showed up this morning (made me a little late for work :). It's very nice! I'll be doing some playing/investigating tonight.
    edited 2012-09-13 20:29
    Coley wrote: »
    It's been great to see the progress he's made and especially after his last spider tank was copied!!!

I think seeing the design copied by hexbot was a big factor in my buying this. (And Not buying any hexbot products whatsoever). Usually I wait until the Mark III comes out before I get the Mark I, but in this case I thought is was important to show support quickly.

And its totally cool! I have already begun to hack on it!
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2012-09-14 13:23
    And Attacknid is a terrific name.

-- Gordon