Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Capturing Intermittent Signals on ProScope — Parallax Forums

Capturing Intermittent Signals on ProScope

Tom86951Tom86951 Posts: 14
edited 2012-09-16 12:21 in Accessories
Is there a way to capture a voltage spike that only occurs randomly every now and then. The circuit is normally at ground, but every once in a while, unpredictably, it will see a 5v spike for a very short duration (i.e., maybe 20ms). Is there a way to log with the proscope so I can scroll back and examine the voltage spike. I'm trying to confirm the duration of the spike primarily. Thanks.

Comments

• ToyhackerToyhacker Posts: 2
    edited 2012-09-16 12:21
    Tom86951 wrote: »
    Is there a way to capture a voltage spike that only occurs randomly every now and then. The circuit is normally at ground, but every once in a while, unpredictably, it will see a 5v spike for a very short duration (i.e., maybe 20ms). Is there a way to log with the proscope so I can scroll back and examine the voltage spike. I'm trying to confirm the duration of the spike primarily. Thanks.

In theory, you should be able to set the scope to trigger at a certain voltage level. I'm having trouble getting mine to work. You should be able to set the trigger mode to "continuous" or "step" and use the little yellow curser in the left margin to set the voltage at which the Scope starts recording. The buffer seems to hold two screens worth of data so you need to set the horizontal scale appropriately. I would be helpful if Parallax would post a step by step procedure for doing this.