Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Post your 2012 Halloween Projects here — Parallax Forums

Post your 2012 Halloween Projects here

Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,558
edited 2012-10-06 16:25 in Robotics
I'm curious to see what other people are doing for their Halloween projects this year, so post them!!! Don't be shy!! I'll even let this fudge ... it doesn't even need to be Parallax related, but if it is that would be a bonus!!

Here is a hint of what we are doing at our house this year... the theme is "High Voltage Halloween" , like this months Nuts and Volts.

I have a working model that I just completed of a Toepler-Holtz Machine. A Toepler-Holtz_Machine was invented in 1865 and predates the more popular Wimshurst Machine which came later in 1880. The Toepler-Holtz_Machine is a little easier to build, mainly because there is only one spinning disk. The principle however is the same between the two machines, but the charge transfer during normal operation is a little different.

Right now it has a hand crank, and audible sparks can be heard within one complete revolution. The plan is to eventually motorize the operation and put some really big Leyden Jars in place with some nice spheres. :-)
1024 x 768 - 77K

Comments