Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LCD Connections on PPDB — Parallax Forums

LCD Connections on PPDB

Timothy GoltserTimothy Goltser Posts: 8
edited 2012-09-10 14:11 in BASIC Stamp
I am having a bit of a problem with experiment 11 in stampworks. Does anyone have a wiring diagram, instead of a schematic

I hooked up all the lcd bus pins

how do i do the resistor part?

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2012-09-10 07:13
    Firstly, Parallax actually has TWO different PPDB boards. You might be a bit clearer to mention yours is NOT the Parallax Propeller Development Board.

Second, the resistors are already attached to the board for the LCD. But you do have to decide if you want 8bit or 4bit communication and wire accordingly.

Generally, a wiring diagram and a schematic are the same thing, but I do understand what you are hoping to get. Why not use the wiring examples that Parallax provides with the LCD documentation? Parallax tries to provide a simple Proof of Life procedure in the documentation with every device they sell.

Look at your PPDB documentation under the LCD section for some useful information about hookup.

Regarding those 220 ohm resistors in the PPDB schematic, they are protection that doesn't have to be included - so you are going to find a lot of example on the web and in Parallax that do not have them. Don't worry about them.

The main point is to learn how to connect your 3 control wires and 4 or 8 data wires. If you use only 4bits of data, the other 4 wires should go to ground. You PBasis Manual also has LCD examples.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2012-09-10 14:11
    So not having to worry about the resistor, are you able to connect the display now?