Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Unable to indentify BS2...already tried troubleshooting guide...HELP! — Parallax Forums

Unable to indentify BS2...already tried troubleshooting guide...HELP!

particlemanparticleman Posts: 3
edited 2012-09-02 11:43 in BASIC Stamp
Hi folks,

I have a very stupid question:

I played around with my Boebot (BS2 stamp) and I fire it up and it still works.

Now I plug it into my laptop and the editor (v2.5.3) cannot identify the stamp.

Here may the issue, let me know what you think / how to solve:

- It is seeing COM12. Unusual....I've never passed COM7 on any automatic COM setting...
- I did install Atmel Studio 6 and pololu's orangutan drivers / USB shtuff...that is also not connecting to the orangutan (and it is a sunday, no help!)

What now? Uninstall everything? Patches?

Ideas???

Please help me gurus!

Cheers,

Comments

• particlemanparticleman Posts: 3
    edited 2012-09-02 11:32
    ....nevermind....um...power-up the board w/9V instead of external 6VDC supply (for whatever reason...) works. RTFM.
  • Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Posts: 2,418
    edited 2012-09-02 11:43
    For Windows XP...

You can examine your comm ports in Device Manager by selecting "View" and "Show Hidden Devices" BUT FIRST you need set an environrment variable that allows Device Manager to do so. Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices = 1 (See the attached image)

Once you are able to see the various comm ports, you can right click one and select Properties from the popup menu.
    Under the "Port Settings" tab, click the Advanced button. You can then change the comm port number.

Of course, you can delete any of the comm ports and Windows will be free to reuse that port number.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95282

DevMgr hidden.jpg
    799 x 482 - 80K