Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Data from Basic Stamp 2 to another Basic Stamp 2 using Xbee Pro modules — Parallax Forums

Data from Basic Stamp 2 to another Basic Stamp 2 using Xbee Pro modules

ArfeadorArfeador Posts: 2
edited 2012-08-07 06:25 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, everyone!
I am working on a student project and I am stuck with one issue. I am trying to make two Basic Stamp 2 microcontrollers communicate using two Xbee Pros. You see, I cannot use X-CTU software, because I would like to use DAQ to log my dara into Excel. So, I tried programming the transmitting microcontroller with SEROUT command and the receiving one with SERIN, but it did not work. I have checked circuits - they communicate with PC through X-CTU. So, the question is: How do I address data from one BS2 to another BS2 using Xbee Pro modules?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-08-06 21:22
    Have you read the Getting Started with xBee manual? That has all sort of discussion on configuring the xBees and code examples in it.

You can use X-CTU to configure the xBees, then just use the Stamps for the data. Once they're configured properly, they will initialize themselves, find each other, and provide what looks like a full duplex serial connection automatically. At that point, you can have one Stamp transmit (with SEROUT) and another Stamp receive (with SERIN) and it will look just like they were wired together.
  • ArfeadorArfeador Posts: 2
    edited 2012-08-07 06:25
    Today, I tried it again and it worked. There was a problem with the homemade capacitor that I collected data from.
    It got old or something.
    Thank you!