Kris CardoenKris Cardoen Posts: 46
edited 2012-07-29 06:01 in Accessories
Hi,

Recently I have been build a new robot consisting of :

- Stingray platform
- propeller board of education
- HB25 controllers
- 2 seperate battery packs

Now I wanted to buy the Position Controller Kit (#27906) for navigation.
I asked the question to Parallax support to be sure that it would fit on the Stingray.
Apparently it does not and there is no version available for the stingray.

I have also found a forum thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?139785-Stingray-Robot-Kit-(-28980)-and-Wheel-Encoders&highlight=Position+Controller+Kit+stingray
where I conclude that there is not a solution yet.

This is a very big problem for me. I need position controllers or my robot becomes useless. I'm quite new at this so I'm out of ideas.

I guess I could buy encoders from another manufacture. But my knowledge is to limited to know exactly where or what I should buy. I also assume that there will not be an existing spin object I can use. Writing a new object driver is beyond my knowledge.

So, is there someone who has already found a solution for this, which I can use to solve this?

Any help or info would be nice!

Building a new robot is not really an option right now :frown:

Comments

• Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2012-07-27 21:44
    Hi Kris-
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

Yes, there is a new encoder that will fit the Stingray, and it is going into Production now. Should be available within a couple weeks, depending on our Production crew's backlog.

The details of this encoder can be found in this thread...

Specifically, Post # 18. It shows the same (New) encoder board, installed in both a MadeUSA (Eddie), as well as the adapter kit to mount it into the Stingray chassis.

Thanks!
    -MattG
  • Kris CardoenKris Cardoen Posts: 46
    edited 2012-07-29 06:01
    That's great timing! ;-)

I will definitively order them. Just a little patience. But that's whats robots are all about, is it not :lol: