Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help Recording Data From Basic Home Stamp — Parallax Forums

Help Recording Data From Basic Home Stamp

Metrik420Metrik420 Posts: 10
edited 2012-07-26 00:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hi Every One
My name is metrik
and i am try to find a way to save the data from my Basic Home Stamp (Rev E).
and what mean is if i have a gps hooked up to my basic home stamp and dont have the basic home stamp hooked into my pc.
how would i save the data from the gps on the home basic stamp with out it being connected to my compter.
and so that once i do connect it back to my computer i can retrieve the data so i can study what happen when its not on a computer.

Any help would be great.
Thanks Every One

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-07-25 14:51
    A program can store data in the portion of the Stamp's EEPROM not used by your program. You have to use the READ and WRITE statements for this. There are examples of how to do this in the Stamp Manual (Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual) that you can download from Parallax if you don't already have it. There's limited space for this in that the EEPROM is 2K and some of that is needed for your program. Your program is responsible for storing the data, organizing it, and for then sending it to your PC.

It's possible to connect other storage devices to your Stamp board. You can attach other EEPROMs or something like Parallax's Memory Stick Datalogger. There are examples of code to read and write to EEPROMs in the Nuts and Volts Columns archive (start with #115) and there's sample code for the Datalogger on the webpage for the Datalogger. Other options include switching to a different Stamp board, like the Board of Education and using a Stamp that has more built-in EEPROM. The BS2pe, for example, has 16 banks of 2K each, half of which are strictly for data storage. The other 8 can be used for any combination of data and code.
  • Metrik420Metrik420 Posts: 10
    edited 2012-07-26 00:57
    Thanks Mike.
    Just what i need.
    great Info Like always