Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PIR Motion Sensor — Parallax Forums

PIR Motion Sensor

Metrik420Metrik420 Posts: 10
edited 2012-07-22 22:26 in Accessories
Hi.
My name is metrik and i am new to motion sensors but i would reall like to add it to a project i am working on. and i want to use the motion sensor to turn on the power to my project. any one with some help on where to start and any other kind of help would be great.
Thanks every one!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-07-22 22:08
    Start with the documentation and sample code for Parallax's PIR sensor. As with all Parallax products, there are links to the documentation and sample code on the webstore page for the product. There are also examples on Parallax's new educational website including one for the PIR sensor. Look at the Microcontroller KickStarts page.

Next time you post a question like this one, it really helps to be specific about what you want to do. When you say "turn on the power", what sort of voltage and current are you talking about? Do you want the power turned on when the PIR sensor detects motion? Do you want the power to stay on? For how long? How does the power get turned off?
  • Metrik420Metrik420 Posts: 10
    edited 2012-07-22 22:26
    Thanks for the reply.
    i made a Arduino on a breadboard and then but it in a case with a cooling fan. and i am try to make the Arduino turn on and run the program that it has been programmed to run. and as for turning it off i have a switch that i have installed on it already that i would like to use
    and i also have a card reader that i would like to try and add to my project to so that if you dont have the right card you cant trun it all the way on.
    Thank for the reply Mike!