Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pc to xbee — Parallax Forums

pc to xbee

pratimapratima Posts: 4
edited 2012-07-26 07:33 in Accessories
hi...
i m not able to figure out what is wrong in my code to transfer the dat from pc to xbee serially plz someone post me the code either in c related or matlab..

regards

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-07-13 08:58
    That's not the way these forums work. Normally you post your code and we look at it and make suggestions and comments. We don't do homework projects for people.

You might have a look at Parallax's xBee Manual here. You can download it for free via the link on that webpage.

Transferring data between a PC and xBee requires that you have a serial port connection. Once you've opened that, you can just transmit to the xBee and receive from the xBee. It's easier if you configure the two xBees so they start up with a connection between them. The xBee Manual describes how to do that using Digi's X-CTU utility program. The details of opening a serial port depend on the language that you're using (C vs Matlab vs whatever), but you'd find that in the documentation for the language.
  • pratimapratima Posts: 4
    edited 2012-07-26 01:32
    Thank you very much for replying.. we have done it using c#.... now its possible to send data from pc to pc using xbee.. ..
    edited 2012-07-26 01:37
    thankyou very much for the informationa given... problem is solved now we r able to transfer the data from pc to pc over xbee
    edited 2012-07-26 01:39
    Is it possible to send aa file from pc to pc using xbee protocol
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-07-26 07:33
    It's possible to send a file from pc to pc using xBee, but, at the very least, you need to send some information about the file before you send the file itself. The type of the file is important and it may be enough to send the file extension desired. You also need to send the length of the file since there's no way to know that from the file data. Look at the Wikipedia articles on various file transfer protocols like XModem and YModem for examples of how to do this.