Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problems with Win7 64 bit and Basic Stamp Project Board 1 — Parallax Forums

Problems with Win7 64 bit and Basic Stamp Project Board 1

moritzmamoritzma Posts: 2
edited 2012-07-06 21:43 in BASIC Stamp
I am from Germany, so I apologize for my english which is not perfect.
We use the Basic Stamp Editor with the Project Board 1 in school and now I should finish our Project at home but I can't connect the Board to my computer. It always shows the message "no basic stamps found". I have already installed the drivers from ftdi but it doesn't work.
Now I found this forum and I hope you can help me.
Thank you.
Greetings moritzma

Comments

• moritzmamoritzma Posts: 2
    edited 2012-07-01 13:49
    Okay, if ever anyone will have this problem in future I have found the right driver. I don't know how to upload things here but I think you can right me a message.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2012-07-02 00:42
    Happy you found the solution yourself. Welcome to Parallax.
  • Rainer_KRainer_K Posts: 1
    edited 2012-07-06 21:35
    Hi, I am a total newcomer to the Basic stamp world.
    I just bought a BS1 and a developer board and an RS232-USB adapter. When I hooked it up to my notebook (Windows7, 64bit)the editor replies with 'no basic stamp found' after a couple of seconds scanning
    Initially I thought of a hardware fault. After inserting the adapter the notebook automatically installs the appropriate driver (that's what it says at the bottom right)
    So please give me a clou where to look?

thnaks

Rainer
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2012-07-06 21:43
    The default Windows driver does not work for programming. You have to install the appropriate FTDI driver without the adapter plugged in. After the driver is installed, you plug in the adapter to complete the installation. You want the VCP driver from FTDI's website here.